‘Stache Bash 2012: Phoenix-Mesa Gets A Hairy Halloween
Have a Hairy Halloween at Monsterland in downtown Mesa — wear a mustache, dress silly, and tilt your glass as we raise money for charity.
‘Stache Bash 2012, presented by Wahl Trimmers — the centerpiece of downtown Mesa’s Nightmare On Main Street — is the American Mustache Institute’s annual costume-heavy music and mustache charitable benefit featuring beer and food vendors, fire dancers, the Monsterland Haunted House experience, costume contests with a $1,000 prize, and live music from the Strand, Hardwire, Komore Kommando and CombiChrist.
The event benefits the Barrow Neurological Foundation, a non-profit support foundation dedicated to raising funds for Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
Sign up on the Facebook Event Here.
Everything you need to know:
- WHEN & WHERE: Saturday, October 27, 6pm ’til at Monsterland in downtown Mesa serving as the centerpiece of Mesa’s Nightmare On Main Street.
- COST: Advance tickets are $15 for the age 16 and up general admission street event (PURCHASE HERE); and $35 for the exclusive after-party inside of Monsterland for 21 and up (PURCHASE VIP HERE).
- ENTERTAINMENT: Fire dancers, the Monsterland Haunted House experience, costume contests with a $1,000 prize, and live music from the Strand, Hardwire, Komore Kommando and CombiChrist; and you’ll witness the Robert Goulet Memorial Mustached American of the Year crowned.
- DO I NEED A MUSTACHE: Bring one or pick on up at the door. Everyone attendee gets a free, stick-on lip sweater at the door, as science has proven that both men and women look better with a healthy amount of lower nose foliage.
- IS THERE A THEME? Hairy Halloween baby! Bring your costumes and go Village People, the Golden Girls, Magnum P.I., your favorite priest (Judas Priest), Frank Zappa, a mermaid, a merman, 1980s television mainstays Alf or Mr. T, or your ugly self. Just have fun with it.
- LODGING: A special rate has been set up at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa Hotel, just a half-mile from downtown Mesa and ‘Stache Bash. Email Karen Hunt at KHunt@PhoenixMarriottMesa.com for the $99 rate.
- MORE INFO: Contact Monsterland, e-mail info@AmericanMustacheInstitute.org, call 877-STACHE-1, or call the Crab Lice Hotline.